Digital Marketing is critical for business expansion, it can literally and figuratively place your business ‘on the map’. 54% of individuals survey social media to research products they wish to purchase, which means there are a lot of people using social media platforms to make decisions.
How many times have you looked up a clothing company on Instagram to see if the quality of the clothing is the same as what is on their website? As social media has grown in popularity, it’s now much more common for people to use it as they would a search engine.
With more people online than ever before, why is digital marketing an important investment? In addition to connecting with potential consumers on a mass scale, digital marketing provides business owners with numerous additional benefits.
- Connection. Considering that 63.1% of the world’s population is online, it is no surprise that the online world is becoming more prominent in ‘offline’ spaces every single day. Customers are online and searching for your business. Connecting them to your accounts and promoting your services puts you in the best position to develop your client base and establish trust.
- Interaction. Connection is directly related to interaction. An online presence allows you to learn about your customer base, their preferences, dislikes, and how much they engage with your content and services. These factors can be measured by engagement, or lack thereof, and allow you to cultivate plans on how to improve connection and interaction.
- Global and Local Reach. There is an international audience available to you across social media that you are unable to reach through traditional marketing techniques. Importantly, local visibility is also improved by an online presence. We mentioned in one of our prior articles how ‘near me’ is a common search term that people often search on Google. It is crucial to ensure your business shows up if you have a physical shopfront.
- Targeting. There are many ways you can target your desired audience. This may be through pay-per-click (PPC) ads, search engine optimisation (SEO), targeted content, or through carefully monitoring engagement on your website and social media accounts.
- Awareness. Digital spaces provide many opportunities to establish and promote your business. Maintaining consistent posting of relevant content is one way to do this. Once created, brand awareness is a way to ensure loyal customers keep coming back.
- Testimonials. Customers look to sites like Google or Facebook for instant reviews on whether your products or services are worthwhile. It is important to provide instant proof to customers in this way and investing in digital marketing allows you to do this.
- Savings. Rather than relying on costly traditional marketing approaches such as print distribution (handing out leaflets, for example), you can sign up for free on social media websites and Google if you have an internet connection, a mobile or PC, and an email. The accessibility of social media is particularly beneficial for you, especially if you are starting out with limited funds.
These are just some of the reasons digital marketing is important for your business. Being focused and creating a strategy is also important so that you can measure your goals effectively, ensuring your time is well spent.
Don’t have the time to manage your own social media or need any other digital marketing assistance?
Paramount Media can design a bespoke package for you to help your marketing efforts. Contact us here for more information.